Friday, July 2, 2010

fun day

ohhhh, I had such an awesome workout today. Just me and my trapeze. It felt like old times.

I trained the way Natalie Agee at Ruby Streak taught me - I did her sequence of abs and arms warmups, then beats on the bar, pike pullups, ankle hangs, straddle ups, one-knee hangs. And then I just ran through a few moves, started improvising, and moved on to choreography.

"POISON"
standing back bridge
pullover
front balance
dive to catcher's
pull to aeroplane
grip bar and drop into back beat
straddle up to ankle hang
one-knee hang
pull to seated; modified mermaid
sit-and-spin (I HATE this move. It never works and the trapeze gets tangled up! But it is a way to change facing, which is necessary for...)
back balance
roll forward to crucifix
beat back to both knees on rope
spin around rope
infinity turn
shoulder stand (with spider-on-web legs)
falling star
bird's nest
quickly tuck and pop back to bird's nest; repeat a few times

aaaand that's all I have so far. I'm not training with music yet, although the song is certainly stuck in my head most of the day.

I feel so happy and relaxed now, after training. I'm starting to remember why I fell so hard for trapeze in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment