I have so many special memories from the day; here are just a few highlights:
1. I was asked to read 1st Corinthians Chapter 13. When I got to the line, "Love is patient", I looked right at Alan. He fell in love with Naomi eight years ago and basically waited for her ever since. At the next line, "Love is kind", I looked at Naomi, my kindest, most generous friend.
Then she and I both started to cry and I really had to pull it together to finish the reading!
2. The typical pre-wedding bridesmaid "spa day" - facials, manicures, etc. - happened the morning of the wedding. Naomi was like sitting around in her sweatpants until noon, going, "right, then. I guess I should shower..."
3. The day before the wedding, Naomi, Alan, and her best friend Danielle took me up to the Downs, a field from which you can see all of Sussex County on one side, and the sea on the other. It's Naomi's favorite place in the world, and it was very important to her to take me there. We took a picnic of cheese sandwiches and ginger beer. When we got up there, Alan said, "You know, this is where Naomi finally admitted she liked me." It was really sweet.
Her family and friends were so gracious and welcoming, and it was nice to just fit right in to the mix. I felt more like family than like a guest.
And the weather was perfect. Well, naturally - it never rains in England, right?
Sounds like it was a beautiful wedding! It is so wonderful that you were able to be there! Congratulations to Naomi!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had fun!! Congrats to Naomi and Alan!
ReplyDelete