Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Champion Takes a Dive in the Final Round

My beloved flannel-lined camper with space-blanket curtains sat atop a fifteen year old engine that I may or may not have added enough oil to between the road trip to Knoxville and the one to Massachusetts. At around 1am on the way home from a Felice Brothers show it started smoking and decelerating. I've had an engine seize under me before and it's amazing how quickly I came to terms with the fact that the car was totaled; I don't think it had even stopped moving yet. I WAS a little surprised that the 12V no longer worked, taking my phone charger with it.
I sat on the side of the Mass turnpike for at least ten minutes with a dead car and a dead phone before it occurred to me that I would actually die of exposure if I didn't do something.








No comments:

Post a Comment