Sunday, June 27, 2010

hanging in there

Hey Nae! Miss ya.
Friday I worked out in the gym - 10/10 handstands (I skipped the straddle ups. I really stink at those, dude!), 3 sets of 10 squat jumps, and a bunch of trapeze stuff. I find myself really gun-shy to do any of the suspension on the ropes moves. My grip needs to toughen up.
Also I forget exactly how to get into meathook, if you care to remind me.
On the plus side, I am choreographing. Front balance to catcher's, pull up on the ropes to aeroplane, then - I made this up - grab the bar and drop down into a back beat. It's kind of intense. I hope it looks good - I might need to tape it and see if it's as dramatic as it feels.

Saturday I walked five miles, but at a very slow pace...

And today I went for a short but exhilarating run. It was insanely humid and hot out. I'm proud of myself for going outside at all. I probably should have added some sprint intervals, but, well....hey, did I mention it was really hot outside?

:-) Hope you're doing well, girl. And if you're not training as hard as you'd like, because of teaching or gym access or what have you, just go easy on yourself. After the year-long intensive, it's probably a good idea to rest anyways.

love you!
-Nati

oh yeah, and for the first day in over a year I underate instead of overate. So maybe pretty soon I'll start achieving a balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment