Sunday, June 13, 2010

A letter to Naomi

Hey lovely.
I created that blog we talked about so we can keep in touch...and keep up with our training. Right now you are trying to cram a year's worth of memories (and tank tops) into 23 pounds -- oh, make that 50 pounds, yay metric system! -- of luggage.
So chances are you didn't get any good training in today. If you're upset with yourself, DON'T BE. I haven't been training hard either, and I have no excuse.

So here's what I did:
yesterday: 10 sets of 5 deadlifts and squats. Approx. 135 lbs. 25 min. cardio.
oh wait. Yesterday I did jack shit. That stuff was TWO days ago.

today: a whole bunch of arm stuff - chest and shoulder presses, pullups, bicep curls. 25 min. cardio (does the elliptical count as cardio? I get mad sweaty but I don't get tired.)
In between sets - my pullups were particularly diesel, I'm proud to say - I worked on my standing back bend, which was total crap today.

Oh, I'm also working on my abs for handstands by pressing my hands into the bench and lifting my legs off in a straddle. Dude, it's HARD!

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect i'm so excited!!

    Comments is fine either that or i just log on as you. So my training yesterday i walked to church, walked home from church, went for a 25min walk after lunch then went for a 10min walk before bed. (when insidently i nearly got eating by a killer dog but thats another story!!)

    So the aim for the next few days... just use training to keep my body feeling good and help me enjoy the chaos of packing. Back to hardcore training monday.

    Your training sounds awesome. Cardio is defaintely the way forward. Was it at the gym or home? Totally flipping with you for press to handstand stuff, i need to get back to that, i'll do a few today!

    My aim for today.... walk for 20mins, 50 sit ups, 20 push ups, some handstands and i will hike wontastiquit either today or tomorrow :)

    Keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete