Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ninja Calisthenics

OMGsh, Nae. I can't believe I described that workout as "not hugely ambitious". Any workout with 80 burpees in it IS hugely ambitious. 80 burpees are KILLER. 80 burpees are DEATH. We are earning our Circus Ninja cred now, because 80 burpees would TOTALLY sneak up on you and slit your throat while you sleep. Without a backward glance.

But I did 'em all, and I called on my Boot Camp days to get me through them: dig deep, don't complain, maintain perfect form. And you know what ended up being the hardest part? Keeping my toes pointed during the jump. But that's the difference between an athlete and a circus performer, right? Point those toes.

1 comment:

  1. Haha you crack me up i am so not suprised. Only just got to relog on, you are so ambitious. I might get you to write me a workout!!

    SO Monday i walked 20mins in the morning, did 20 push ups, 50 sit ups, hiked wontastiquit fast and ran/walked dwn which was great cardio. Went for two other short walks in the evening and did a few headstands.

    Yesterday i just cycled round town and went for 3 20mins walks, so it's pretty minimal but i do fly out the country perminantly in less than 9 hours!!

    But today airports are the place to train, today the plan is:

    - ballet barre,
    - 20mins pilates
    - 5 headstand pike up straddle downs,
    - 10 tucks, 10 straight, 10 splits
    - 10 press to handstand practices
    - 50 situps
    - 10 push ups

    Is it possible to get away wit all that at an airport??!! We shall see!!!

    ReplyDelete