:-) today is Day One of Kicking My Own Ass, i.e. working out without a gym. Right now I'm going to eat something and then jog up to the school track. Here's the plan:
1. run 2 miles (8 laps); do 10 burpees between each lap. A burpee is a squat thrust-pushup-jump.
2. handstands: 10 kickups, 10 tuck ups, 10 straddle ups
3. handstand press practice: a. slide toes toward hands b. sit on bench, press into hands and elevate in a straddle sit.
4. back stretches: sit in straddle, hands behind head, lean to each side.
5. more stretching: splits, straddle, and piriformis (that's the muscle that runs diagonally across your bum; mine get really tight and then I'm prone to a debilitating muscle spasm in my lower back.)
It's not a hugely ambitious workout, but it's a place to start. When I get to NYC I'll have access to a pullup bar and a rope to expand on my routine.
Love and miss you, girl. Today is your departure day; I wish you a safe flight and a smooth and happy return. I can just picture you waiting at the airport gate...sitting in pigeon pose. :-) :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment